With the winter season fast approaching, for many of us making decisions about furnace replacement or repair can seem overwhelming. Our expert team here at RJ Wiley will help you make an informed decision on the best solution to ensure optimal energy efficiency, safety and comfort. Our main concern is for our clients to stay comfortable and warm throughout the cold, frigid winter days.
Here is a short checklist we recommend that you conduct on your furnace before the winter season starts. If you detect a malfunction please contact us immediately. Addressing a problem at an early stage and carrying out preventive maintenance inspection will ultimately prolong the lifetime of a furnace and improve energy efficiency, resulting in savings.
- Check for lint and debris in the combustion blower.
- In gas furnaces, inspect for gas leaks – undetected leaks are dangerous.
- Check for proper attachment of wires to the furnace and contact us if you see any dislocated sections.
- Clean or replace air filters – dirty filters can cause furnace malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Remove boxes, furniture and other items from the vents – restriction of airflow will lead to furnace malfunction.
- Check your fuel supply and make sure you have enough fuel in the storage tank.
- Check the operation of the thermostat.